P&G Ventures is on a mission to help women (18+) optimize/enhance their health and wellness by (a) creating products that are designed specifically for women, (b) address gaps in her self-care and (c) offer meaningful difference in her life. We will start by addressing frequent, daily fatigue that negatively impacts her day, her capacity, and ultimately her relationships.
Women’s lives have changed dramatically, offering more opportunities, but also adding to their already busy domestic plate. More women have achieved advanced degrees, are in the workforce and are taking on leadership positions than ever before. What hasn’t changed is that women are still maintaining the majority inside the home, doing 3X as much unpaid domestic work as men. Additionally, she is responsible for >80% of the family’s health decisions. Who is taking care of her?
Women’s wellness has not only been underserved but left behind altogether. Historically medicine has not focused on women due to the variables that sex hormones can introduce in research and the medical community taking on a protective stance to women’s reproduction.
So, what have these events resulted in?
- Women report fatigue 2x as often as men
- Women are 2x as likely to suffer from anxiety disorders and depression
- Stress levels are 50% higher than men
- 67% report poor sleep
P&G Ventures is on a mission to help women (18+) optimize/enhance their health and wellness by (a) creating products that are designed specifically for women, (b) address gaps in her self-care and (c) offer meaningful difference in her life. We will start by addressing frequent, daily fatigue that negatively impacts her day, her capacity and ultimately her relationships.
What we are looking for:
Disruptive solutions (i.e. Technologies, Products and/or Services) in Women’s Wellness. Areas of immediate interest include the following consumer needs based categories.
- Manage my daily fatigue over the long term so I can be productive. (Works with my body to fill in the gaps in energy.)
- Buy me a window of energy to help me get through my daily tasks. (Flexing/adapting to the energy demand in the moment)
- Enable me to make and stick to the good lifestyle choices. (Behavior modification to achieve restorative sleep, a healthy diet and exercise.)
- Manage my stress overload without disrupting my day to day life.
- Reduce the feelings of worry and anxiety that happen when I’m feeling overwhelmed and that I’m in this alone.
Additional areas of interest include:
- Predict when fatigue could be disruptive during her day.
- Track progress and improvement in her fatigue over time, i.e. measurement, scale, biofeedback.
- Unique forms and delivery systems that are 1) appealing/friendly for women, and 2) fit in her busy lifestyle.
Ideal Technology, Product and/or Services will be/include:
- Fast moving consumable that adds unique value to the overall product/service
- Demonstrate evidence of real efficacy (ex. Clinicals)
- Impart no significant tradeoffs (ex. Jitters, sudden crash in energy, addiction, need for drastic lifestyle change)
- Can be integrated into consumer’s existing habits
- Have early proof that people want to try the solution, and those who have tried it, liked it and want to use it again
- Is not Rx